Tuesday, June 23, 2009

F-2

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER:F-2

Plunging Grape
Plunging Grape by F-2
One thing I have found a photographer needs is patience. I took around 300 - 500 images of a grape falling into water trying to get a shot like this and again and again it didn't work. Then everything came together for this image.

Salisbury Cathedral (West Front)
Salisbury Cathedral (West Front) by F-2
I tend to choose a subject and go back again and again capturing it in different kinds of light and different times of the day. This image is one such example. I spent a spring and summer going to Salisbury Cathedral taking images from all angles inside, using multiple exposures to produce HDR images. But this single RAW exposure is my favourite from that whole time, taken when towards the end of the summer. Again patience is needed to keep going back and searching for the best shot.

1: How long have you been involved in photography?

I started doing photography seriously during 1994 using 35mm SLR cameras and medium format stuff. But since digital photography came along I have enjoyed that the most.

2: Equipment you use?

Canon. 5D and 20D, Canon Lens, Sigma 15mm fisheye, Manfrotto tripod.

3: Mac or PC?

PC

4: What inspires you?

Lots of things including my children, toys, trees & wildlife - I'm constantly searching for photo opportunities everywhere.

5: Preferred subject matter?

Anything which looks photogenic - I like to take images of lots of things including nature, buildings, people, even toy ducks.
.
6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.

Kingfisher. I don't take bird images as such, but I would love to take some images of a Kingfisher at some point, they are wonderful.

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?

My wife.

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop

No formal qualifications, but I have studied photography principles a lot and done lots of training in Photoshop.

9: Plans for the future?

Keep learning about photography and hopefully take some great images.

10: In one word, describe your photography.

Patience.

No comments: