Monday, June 01, 2009

Losy

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: Losy
Tortellini's march to the scaffold... by losy
I love to use the natural sunlight, this is taken in my kitchen, behind the blinds... and use interesting 'models' to create a creative photo.

... E.T. ... by losy
Here ..I was fascinated by the shadows and lights . As I have my pocket camera always with me, these kind of pics just 'happen' to me...or I was in a good mood for taking pics... :-)

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
I used to work for an airline and on a flight to Tokio, I bought my first camera 'Asahi Pentax Spotmatic' ( back in 1972) and started to take pics on my trips, the usual 'tourist snaps'.....

2: Equipment you use?
now I use a 'Canon PowerShot SD850IS' most of the time, because I have it always with me and a "Canon EOS Rebel XTI'...I would love to have more time to go on 'real photo trips' with the Rebel... ! Work comes first


3: Mac or PC?
-PC

4: What inspires you?
light and shadows....art... arranging objects in a creative way and see the results which the sunlight creates... and always 'stripes'.... :-).... I had to stop creating 'stripe pics' in order not to be too 'one sided'....

5: Preferred subject matter?
playing with different 'household' items ... like eggs, strainers, mirrors and many other items which give interesting shadows...

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
people... I do not dare to direct my camera to their faces...

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
either it speaks to me or I discard it...

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
some years ago, I did a Photoshop 4 course


9: Plans for the future?
would love to have more time to do 'real' photography, take some lessons may be... or just go out more and do landscapes and nature.

10: In one word, describe your photography.
'Kitchen-corner-set-ups'! mostly... :-)

No comments: