Monday, June 08, 2009

Nyah74

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: Nyah74

flying alone over the pier by nyah74
Landscape photography is not really my cup of tea, but I like the tranquility of this one.

insider by nyah74
This is precisely what I do with glass objects and light. I like to surprise people and make them take a second look to figure out what it is :)

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
I've started taking photos 3 years ago when I took a photography course at the university. It was an elective course and I chose it just because I didn't have to take an another exam which requires memorising loads of useless stuff.

2: Equipment you use?
:))) I am not quite proud of revealing this, but then I am not a professional photographer and it’s my choice to carry a compact cam instead of a SLR/DSLR with loads of lenses and toys.
So, I have a Nikon Coolpix L4.

3: Mac or PC?
PC

4: What inspires you?
Red inspires me in all scales. Also geometry, building facades and cities…

5: Preferred subject matter?
I had periods… when I started taking photos, I was interested in playing with artificial light and shooting colourful objects. Glass ones especially. Then I started making abstract images out of building facades, lines and reflections... And nowadays, although it feels a little narcissistic, I take selfportraits as I’ve started 365days project about 4 months ago.

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
Most certainly, Aurora Borealis (nothern lights).

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
Everyone’s life experience is different, so are our likes. That’s why I am the only judge to my art. If, I don’t like a photo at first glance, then it goes to bin before anyone sees it.

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
Since I have a toy cam, I use Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop CS to process the images my cam creates, because that’s pretty much what it does instead of taking real photos :)

9: Plans for the future?
I wanted a pro cam, but now I know it wouldn’t make me happy, as I only want to snap the moment without thinking about if I am using the right lens, right exposure etc…I may get a better compact cam thou :)

10: In one word, describe your photography.
Chaos :)

No comments: