Tuesday, June 16, 2009

[Kane]

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: [Kane]

In the deep end.
In the deep end ;) by [ Kane ]
This shot is one of my all time faves, for many reasons, I've photographed this tree many times (in fact I have photographed almost everything here, lightning, stars, moonrise, sunset, sunrise) but on this day I was very lucky to capture some of the best rays I've seen. I was knee deep in water shooting this (which is not un-common


Cloud Explosion.
___^___ by [ Kane ]
This shot is another fave, its a simple shot that just had to be taken, I was on holidays in New Zealand (where I'm from) and the subject is my father, I saw the shot in my head and I asked him to walk into the frame, and he did, and he held still for the 1sec exposure ;)

As a landscape photographer I'm always watching the clouds and this was a dream shot, wet sand, reflections........... what more does the shot need!

1: How long have you been involved in photography?

I bought my first camera, a Vivitar v2000 when I was about 14, I'm now 27, so that's about 13 years, I've only been shooting digital for about 2 years. I've always loved photography for as long as I can remember.


2: Equipment you use?

I'm currently using two digital cameras, a Canon 400D, and a Canon 50D. I have a range of lenes including the Canon 24-70 f/2.8 L and the Canon 70-200 f/4 L. I still use my Vivitar film body also. Most of my landscapes are shot using my Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6 lens. I use a cheap tripod, as I go through them too quickly.


3: Mac or PC?

PC, with Adobe Lightroom 2.3 and Photoshop 6.0


4: What inspires you?

The people I shoot with, and the ever changing environment around us.


5: Preferred subject matter?

Nature, funky trees and clouds, rays from the sun, and grass.


6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.

A moonbow, which is a rainbow at night, very rare, imagine a clear sky on the moon side and some rain/storm clouds on the other, usually a full moon is required.


7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?

Myself and my friends.


8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop

I'm not classically trained in anything, I shoot and learn, and then I re-shoot. I was a web developer some years ago, so I've always been able to apply my Photoshop skills in post production to improve my photography.


9: Plans for the future?

Continue to keep shooting landscapes, and weather events. I'd like to upgrade to a full frame camera some day.


10: In one word, describe your photography.

Nature.

No comments: