Thursday, October 22, 2009

**Krissy**

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: **Krissy**

This is a ridiculously beautiful Japanese Maple Tree and every time I see it, I find something more beautiful that the last. This is also my most viewed photo to date.
Beautiful Japanese Maple by ** Krissy **

This is another of my favorites. I love a cityscape at night and this one has an interesting "spin" to it. Such a simple effect and I have not been able to replicate it again. City scape, reflections and night lights...what's not to love?
Portland in Motion by ** Krissy **

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
I took a little photography in college as part of my Journalism degree, but really started enjoying it about 3 years ago.

2: Equipment you use?
I use my Nikon all the time. I started 3 years ago with the D50 and in the last six months have graduated to the D80. I think my favorite lens is the Sigma 10-20.

3: Mac or PC?
PC for me!

4: What inspires you?
I find myself "framing" in everyday life. I am a great fan of the photos that just appear and just call to you. Some of my favorite shots are those that I see just driving down the road and jump out of the car and capture that moment. I get so much excitement from that kind of photographic spontaneity.


5: Preferred subject matter?
I really do enjoy a beautiful landscape or a gorgeous sunset. I also love the occasional lenticular cloud that passes over Mt. Hood from time to time. I also love a wonderful water reflection.


6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture?
I would love to be able to photograph the Northern Lights.

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in? When I am in doubt, I usually sort out my thoughts in my head and figure out what I can do different to create the image that I had hoped for. I find photography to be very personal outlet and truly enjoy the solitude of my vision.

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop?
A bit of college photography, rolling and developing my own 35 millimeter film. Such a tedious and time-consuming process, but well worth it! Hopefully, with the digital age, I will never have to stand in a pitch black room and roll 8 feet of un-developed film on a metal spool again!

9: Plans for the future?
.I would love to travel, not just because of the photographic opportunities, but also because there are many places I would love to see and experience in person! Also, maybe get into some portrait photography.

10: In one word, describe your photography.
Personal

No comments: