Thursday, October 29, 2009

Ian@NZflickr

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: Ian@NZFlickr

The messenger by Ian@NZFlickr
In Prague early one cold autumn morning I had one of my best photography experiences ever. The sun rose behind the spires of the university and fog drifted off the river onto the Charles Bridge. After 80 minutes, when the sun went behind thicker clouds, I suddenly realised how cold I was but until then I had been too enchanted to notice.

Cathedral light by Ian@NZFlickr
Our youngest daughter was growing tired walking around a cathedral in Madrid and sat down right in a pool of stained glass light. Then my wife joined her and I had my picture.

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
I started using a Plastic Diana camera at primary school and started going to a camera club at high school and still go to one now.

2: Equipment you use?
Nikon for the last 30 years. Currently enjoying D700 full frame which allows me to use my fisheye lens I bought secondhand 20 years ago.

3: Mac or PC?
Bilingual but mostly PC these days.

4: What inspires you?
Usually the way the light lies.

5: Preferred subject matter?
Landscape, the sea, cities, people, birds... almost anything

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that
you REALLY want to capture.

It would be fun to take some aerobatics photos from one of the planes involved, at least in my imagination :-)


7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
These days I just post to Flickr. I have some commenters with well defined opinions.


8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
Self taught


9: Plans for the future?
Photography will remain my favourite pastime


10: In one word, describe your photography.
Improving

No comments: