Monday, May 24, 2010

Ana.gr

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: Ana gr

strong and proud i stand by ana.gr
This cold and long winter has been very special and inspiring. The trees were naked and enduring, and so beautiful.

...but never plain by ana.gr
While I find the lack of color fascinating to reveal textures and shapes, the world of color exuberance is so appealing! I was thinking in Almodóvar films when I took this theatrical selfportrait.

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
I started rather late, when I had enough money to buy a camera. I wish I had started earlier. Anyway my father was an enthusiast of photography. He had a lab at home, so I have sweet memories of photographs hanging from a rail.

2: Equipment you use?
My wonderful new Nikon D90 (still learning about it) + AF Nikkor 18-200 + Sigma50mm

3: Mac or PC?
PC

4: What inspires you?
Everything! From the moment I open my eye in the morning, inspiration is everywhere: colors, nature, my family, movement, atmospheres, shapes and textures, happiness, spring... And my Flickr friends: I spend lots of time enjoying my contacts’ galleries; they are fascinating.

5: Preferred subject matter?
Whatever inspires me, so very varied.
Lately I have been engaged in trees. I find them fascinating to convey a mood.

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
Only one? There are so many things I still have issues with! But to name but one, feelings.

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
My husband is my hardest critic. Anyway, I’m always in doubt about what I do.


8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
Self taught, bad reader of instructions books, but always experimenting.So, no training or qualifications.

9: Plans for the future?
Learn tons of technical issues about my camera, and photography in general.


10: In one word, describe your photography.
Eclectic?

No comments: