Sunday, May 30, 2010

Tartalom

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: Tartalom

day of the jackal by tartalom
This was taken in Trafalgar Square in London - a great place for street photography. I like the fact that the pigeon is the only face in this as well as the slightly sinister feel to it.

-- by tartalom
This is a more recent shot, taken with a vintage yashica. I like the softened light and tones you get with analogue photography. Also, I'm quite fond of the person in the picture, which helps.

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
For about four years. I got a job with a local authority archive in London and part of my work was to photograph historic/endangered buildings. I discovered I really enjoyed taking pictures and have been at it ever since. I discovered Flickr round about the same time.

2: Equipment you use?
I have a Leica V-Lux 1 which I use for most things. As well as a couple of old film cameras - a Zorki 4 and a Yashica FX-3 which I am using more and more these days. I may invest in a tripod eventually.

3: Mac or PC?
Mac. My pix never look quite right on a PC.

4: What inspires you?
Other peoples’ pictures, on Flickr and elsewhere. My sister has been taking photographs for years and her work has always inspired me.

5: Preferred subject matter?
Humans, cats, dogs – anything with a pulse.

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion - c-beams glittering in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate.

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
My sister.

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
None whatsoever – it is all trial and error


9: Plans for the future?
To keep taking pictures and hopefully to get better at it.


10: In one word, describe your photography.
Luck.

No comments: