Sunday, August 05, 2007

MatildeB

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: MatildeB

04.06 Yes! It's Spring time by Matilde B.
I love the light and composition on this one. The low point of view adds to the scene. It portraits spring. It's really a cheer up shot!


-- from Matilde B. - (?)
This is a shot of a very secluded but absolutely amazing beach, in Portugal! The light is very dramatic, there is feeling of empty space and loneliness conveyed by all elements. The reflections are really nice and the scale works really well, IMHO. :)

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
I have studied photography, for the first time, at Vista College, Berkeley, 1992. I have been in and out photography ever since. I have been really involved in the field for the last 2 years.

2: Equipment you use?
Nikon. My cameras are Nikon cameras so are my lenses. By the way, I am looking for a sponsor. Nikon? :-)

3: Mac or PC?
I used to be a MAC user although I have downgraded to a PC a couple years ago! :-)) ... Since I bought a MAC book for my daughter, last month, I am really considering going back!

4: What inspires you?
Light, nature, sounds and loooots of time. Of course many reference works by famous landscape photographers and others, not so famous but, very creative, also! Many of them have streams around Flickr.

5: Preferred subject matter?
I don’t think that I have a preferred subject matter. People often seem to connect me with landscapes, and I do enjoy those, but I also love to work on creative compositions made of light, color and shape.

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
It’s impossible to name one thing…everyday I find lots of things that have a particular beautiness that I am not able to capture or reproduce using my lenses and camera, it’s really frustrating. Photography is your capability and art to see but also your own interpretation of what you saw.

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?

Everyday I have doubts about what I do. I talk with my close friends and relatives about that, all the time.

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop

I am a senior webdesigner and photoshop is the only work tool that's opened 24 hours a day on my desktop!! :-))

9: Plans for the future?
I would love to be able to live from my photography but I guess you have to be outstanding to do so. I still have a long way to go!!

10: In one word, describe your photography.
Something where I spend lots of love and energy and I try to convey those feelings through my images.

Thanks all from the sunniest city in Europe (LISBON! :))