Monday, August 27, 2007

ThePres6

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: thepres6


-- from thepres6 - (?)
When my imaging journey started so many years ago, in my wildest dreams I would have never thought I would capture something like this. From my backyard with my 15 year old Jack Russell we get to witness some of the creators magic every once in a while and sometimes I even catch a few with the camera!


-- from thepres6 - (?)
From a personal view the experience of this day I had shooting in Savannah, Georgia was truly an out of body one! It was so hot, so beautiful with powerful surges of torrential downpours in the middle of such a beautiful city – I feel this image conveys the sum of that feeling very well.

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
I picked up photography again in Nov 2006 after 26 years of only taking some family snapshots and digital photography has been a true revelation to me. I caught the imaging passion at the age of 13, taught myself how to process B&W, built my first enlarger and lovingly spent the next 8 years homemade darkrooms. After a couple of years working with hand processed 4x5 inch B&W films, shooting nature with an antique press camera, I put it down for several decades.

2: Equipment you use?
For support: A broken $18 tripod.

For challenge: My faithful Nikon Coolpix 7600

For inspiration: The magical Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50!!!! I did not have nay equipment when I upgraded. I wanted - 10MB, a flexible LCD and the best quality/range on fixed lens available. This machine does it all – the 35-420MM Leica super zoom is not of this world and the optical stabilization even allows you to shoot 420MM handhelds -;0)

3: Mac or PC?
PC. I would like to try a MAC sometime but I am consumed by PC’s even at work.


4: What inspires you?
Beautiful images! You have no idea what inspiration I get from the online photo communities I frequent; it has become such an amazing experience. This has truly been the catalyst for my growth as an amateur photographer.


5: Preferred subject matter?
Reflected southern clouds with a hint of blazing sun on still waters surrounded by nature are not only nirvana, but a large part of my rural world as I live in the rural south surrounded by hundreds of miles of muddy rivers and marshes. These moments are even more magical to shoot than to view!

In reality anything around me works fine!
.
6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
The mighty Osprey!!!!!!!!

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
My Flickr visitors are my confidants add to that usually being too confused, busy and backed up with images to work to get to doubt much of anything -;0)

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
Trial and error.

9: Plans for the future?
Shoot 200 cloud filled sunrises in 2008.

Join the local Art Association and get some of this stuff printed and hanging in the galleries throughout the SE coast. We do have some great stuff floating around the area – I do have an invite to meet the local group this week -;0)

10: In one word, describe your photography.
Visions

No comments: