Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Denis Collette

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER:Denis Collette...!!!
I’d choose two of my wild river reflections cause it seems that is what the Flickr addicted like … seems to be my signature…!!!

Rivière arc-en-ciel...!!!... My rainbow wild river...!!!
Rivière arc-en-ciel...!!! by Denis Collette...!!!

Le mélèze de ciel...!!!... The celestial larch...!!!
Le mélèze de ciel...!!! by Denis Collette...!!!

1 : How long have you been involved in photography?
Since May 1, 2006. But before… in the 70’s, I made some experiments in BW with my own laboratory for about two years. I’d bought the complete collection of Life magazine and I learned with that!

2 : Equipment you use?
From now … the new Canon 5D Mark III… but I’ve to wait to the spring to experiment the reflections in my wild river.
Since the last spring I used aCanon EOS 40D. Before I was addicted to the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18…I sometimes used a Sony DSC-828, a Panasonic Lumix TZI magic for the close up and a Nikon FM2… a tank for the North Pole at -40C…!
For the lens… with the 40D I use a 17-85mm… for the Mark II… a 24-105mmm, a 70-300mm and a 50mm 1.4.

3 : Mac or PC?
Addicted to the Mac… I use an I Mac with the Intel technology.

4 : What inspires you?
The light… my wild river!

5 : Preferred subject matter?
Reflections in my wild river!

6 : Name of one thing you haven’t caught with the camera that you really want to capture?
With my camera nothing else… I still have a lot of things to experiment in my wild river…but as example in the future I want to experiment some textures on my reflections…!!!

7 : When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
My soulmate… she’s VP creation in our ad agency… she’s my muse since 41 years…!!! ☺

8 : Qualifications/training in anything? i.e Photoshop
I graduated as graphic designer in ’69… but I’d to leave the art direction in ’78 when my design studio became too big and be transformed in ad agency… administration became my work.

9 : Plans for the future?
Expositions, installations and books with poems maybe at the end of october.
That’s why I’d buy the 5D Mark II… I’ll have the possibility to experiment the big formats.

10 : In one word, describe your photography.
Impressionism

No comments: