Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Kiwi Gal

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER:Kiwi Gal

first of all let me just say that fave photos changes all the time depending on my mood however i will choose 1 portrait and 1 macro since those are the two areas that im most fond of :)


my most fave picture of my daughter currently (it changes all the time but she is my most fave subject) and my passion in photography started when she was born, she will always be my muse.

the birds brought seed & flowers & bits of brightly colored string & placed them in her hair while she slept so that she would remember the wild joy of spring when she finally awoke... by Kiwi_GaL

my love of macro started one and half year ago when i acquire my very first macro lens and this will continue to be my creative outlet.....I found it amazing how much a lot of things look so different under a macro lens....this snail (my daughter named him Gary) is one of the few creatures that i never would have thought can look so amazing until i saw him thru my macro lens.
Thinks about moving to someplace else where everything is different enough to be fun again. by Kiwi_GaL

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
started out when when daughter was born 4 years ago :)

2: Equipment you use?
Nikon D80 & Nikon D300 with the following lenses: Nikon 50mm/1.4, Nikon 85mm/1.8, Nikon 24-70/2.8, Sigma 105/2.8 macro, manual extension tubes & Nikon SB800 speedlight that i use once in a blue moon.

3: Mac or PC?
both....my love affair with Mac just started although i have a strong suspicion that im really a PC girl at heart :)

4: What inspires you?
the work of a lot of photographers here in flickr.

5: Preferred subject matter?
people, flowers, water droplets, feathers anything to do with portrait and macros.

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
one of those fresh newborn shot where they are perfectly curled up or folded in a special way to get them to look so peaceful and angelic.

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
my dear hubby and my friends in real live as well as here in flickr....their support have been so amazing.

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
self taught in everything to do with photography.

9: Plans for the future?
to keep evolving, learning and growing in my passion for photography and someday i want to make a living out of my passion and do photography full time.

10: In one word, describe your photography.
uncover

No comments: