Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Dyrk.Wyst

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: Dyrk.Wyst

w a l D by Dyrk.Wyst
"I remember, that, when I saw these trees, I immediately knew how the picture should look like after processing. Everything was more or less ready in my mind."

last sun rays by Dyrk.Wyst
"I love this bridge. Its not far from where I live. When I was a child our family used to make excursions to this place. I was always fascinated. I was there at the right moment, just before the sun vanished behind the hills."

1: How long have you been involved in photography?

When I joined flickr almost 3 years ago it all started to become more and more serious. I suddenly had a task: I wanted to post one picture a day - and if possible - always something different: subject, colour, technique....

2: Equipment you use?

I have a Canon EOS 400 D and a Canon Ixus 70. Nothing else.

3: Mac or PC?

PC

4: What inspires you?

A lot of what I see on flickr inspires me. Of course many of my contacts are a constant inspiration and also a motivation to try something new.

5: Preferred subject matter?

Landscapes, nature in general. But I can be almost everything. I have to find it interesting.

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.

The moon & landscapes at night. I also like to make portraits, but its hard to find suitable models.

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?

I avoid having doubts about my art ;-)...luckily until now I really didn't encounter any serious doubts, but there are some good friends I could confide in.

8. Qualifications/training in anything?

Everything is self-taught. Some tricks and techniques I picked up in books and on the internet. It took me ages to figure certain things out in Photoshop.

9. Plans for the future?

I think some day I want to make an exhibition. The sooner, the better.

10: In one word, describe your photography

Vivid


No comments: